The NSW General Boat Licence course involves the following compulsory components:
- Pre-Study – to obtain a General boat and/or PWC Licence requires some pre-study of the rules and regulations. This is not a difficult process but is a Roads and Maritime (RMS) requirement
- Complete practical training session – We have our own dedicated training vessel and we go out in the vessel and provide training on the responsibility of being the Skipper of a recreational boat, boat safety, conducting pre-start checks and safety briefings, safety equipment requirements, anchoring, boat handling, buoyage systems, collision regulations, dealing with emergencies, understanding weather and tides etc. and
- Completing the RMS final 50 question written assessment
The following Units of Competency* are mandatory requirements from the Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package (SIS10) to obtain a NSW General Boat Licence:
- (MEM50008B*) Carry out Trip Preparation and Planning
- (MEM50009B*) Safely Operate a Mechanically Powered Recreational Boat
- (MEM50010B*) Respond to Boating Emergencies and Incidents
NSW Maritime Boat Licence and/or a Jetski (PWC) Licence course
How to Enrol in a NSW Maritime Boat Licence course
The cost for the complete General Boat Licence course, including the compulsory Practical training component conducted in one session over 4 to 4 1/2 hours is $225.00 for an Adult and $195.00 for a Young Adult (12-16 years). Please note: When undertaking the complete boat licence course ‘NO LOG BOOK IS REQUIRED’.
Below you will find forms to be used to enrol in the NSW General Boat Licence Course for the issue of a General Boat Licence (for those persons 16 years+). You can choose to enrol just 1 Adult person or up to 4 Adult persons at the same time. (Providing vacancies exist – check for vacancies here) For Young Adult Boat Licence please see enrolment form at the bottom of the page.
Young Adult General Boat Licence candidates (12-16 years) must sit the same written assessment as Adult General Boat Licence candidates however when they reach the age of 16 years their licence automatically converts to a full licence without further training or assessment.
If there is more than 1 Adult person enrolling at the same time then please take advantage of our discounted rates as follows:
- 2 persons – $215.00 each (Save $10.00 each)
- 3 persons – $205.00 each (Save $20.00 each)
- 4 or more persons – $195.00 each (Save $30.00 each)
Note: You can use the discounted rate to suit your own group particularly when there is a mixture of Adults and Children. For example, we regularly have families book in, so a family of 2 Adults and 2 Children (12-16 years) would pay $820.00 but as there are 4 persons they can claim the 4 or more person rate and save an additional $40.00 by paying only the $195 each rate. ($780.00 in total not $820.00)
For safety reasons we do not collect Boat Licence fees on the day therefore pre- enrolment and pre-payment of course fees is required. Courses are conducted on a weekly basis. (Please click here for the current course dates and vacancies). Some pre-study is required prior to attending a course and we recommend that you should enrol at least 3-5 days prior to the course to allow sufficient time to read the required boating rules and regulations. We have also developed some easy to use websites that assist in understanding the rules and regulations. These websites have contributed greatly to our achievement of a very high percentage of candidates obtaining their licence on the 1st attempt. Something we are very proud of!
|23-06-2018 7:30 am||$225.00|
|30-06-2018 7:30 am||$225.00|
|04-08-2018 7:30 am||$225.00|
Not able to attend one of our scheduled courses? Then why not book a private course?
We can conduct private Boat Licence courses from 2 to 6 persons on a day to suit you (subject to vacancies as we do lots of training). Our course fees for private Boat Licence training are as follows:
- 2 persons – $275.00 each
- 3 persons – $255.00 each (Save $20.00 each)
- 4 persons – $235.00 each (Save $40.00 each)
- 5 – 6 person $225.00 each (Save $50.00 each)
Private Boat Licence bookings require pre payment and pre study and cannot be booked online. Please call us on 0434803687 to check available dates and to make a booking.
Obtaining a NSW General Jetski (PWC) Licence
The NSW Maritime Personal Watercraft (PWC) Licence, which is commonly known as a Jetski Licence, is a separate licence to the NSW Maritime General Boat Licence. To obtain a Jetski Licence you must:
- Already possess a NSW Maritime General Boat Licence, or
- Have completed the NSW Maritime General Boat Licence course (details above)
The Jetski (PWC) Licence course can be completed at the same time as the General Boat Licence course and takes about an additional 1 hour and cost $75.00 if completed at the same time as the Boat Licence (Save $35.00)